Monday, January 21, 2008

Alda's Farewell Party

Alda is going back to Hong Kong. She will be missed here in NYC, but I hope she'll have fun. This is just one small corner of her farewell bash - there were probably 25+ people at Pipa Sunday night. (Note the chandeliers in the background, a distinctive feature.)


Even with a three-day weekend, I never got around to taking a yoga class, borrowing a book from the library, visiting the farmers' market, or cleaning up my apartment.

To get motivated to clean up my apartment, I really need to invite people over. Or maybe people should start inviting themselves over. That would be really helpful.

One of the many highlights of the weekend was brunch today with U-chan, C-san, and RunnerNYC. The chocolate french toast was to die for, but it was just great to catch up with everyone. And of course shopping under U-chan's influence, I always end up with much cooler, flirtier clothes. Now I just need to put them to good use!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you purchased very feminine/sophisticated tops...It was a very good shopping day.

LeesMyth said...

Despite the glow-in-the-dark pink meringue cookies that were foisted on us at the last store. I don't think I've ever seen a guy with such bright red cheeks before. At least not indoors.