Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sundae, Fudgy Sundae (Week in Review)

Monday, I caught Superman in Bryant Park with FOCUS folks. We went through a few bottles of wine (hic!). Didn't take any pictures that evening, but I like this M&M wine bottle from the Times Square M&M store:



Tuesday, I stayed home and typed up some minutes. Very exciting.

Wednesday, I watched The Blues Brothers with HFG folks on the Hudson River. That was so much fun - we wrapped ourselves up in the blankets we had brought to sit on and enjoyed some free popcorn along with the fabulous soundtrack and madcap adventure. Finally, I understand where Jim got his favorite quote ("How much for the little girl?").

Thursday, we had a Grand Canyon Adventure Squad reunion. People came in from Connecticut and California for the occasion. Also from NYC. Larisa, David and Andrew ran through the fountains at Pier 84, and dried themselves afterward under hand dryers:


Friday, I met up with my friend Becky in Chinatown at a place called Quickly Shabu Shabu. I haven't seen her in ages, so it was great to catch up a bit. Then she and Dusty went off to catch the ferry, and I headed uptown to Patricia's combination BBQ & baby shower. One of the BBQ attendees came up to me at one point and asked if she could go inside into the baby shower area (where her food was) - I told her it was fine, we were desegregating the party. Unfortunately, Sharon was worn out at the end of it by all the gift-opening and attention:


Saturday, I had brunch with Seth and Utsuki. Seth had an idea for giving me a temporary pied-a-terre in Manhattan (just for next week, at a place where one of his clients canceled his stay), which is pretty cool. After that, I sprinted off to a baby shower for Rebecca at FAPC:


Here she is with her best friend from college, Kizzy - they make a photogenic duo:


Saturday night, we celebrated Ryan's and Stella's birthday at Wolfgang steak house in Tribeca. The eight of us shared 2 desserts afterward. I think only Ryan and I really ate the creme brulee... but everyone lavished attention on the hot fudge sundae, which seemed to provide us with far more merriment than can rationally be explained.

Here, Stella is sizing up the sundae:


The sundae must be properly documented:


Jenn flirts with the sundae:


Suneel is ready to pounce:


Sal is delighted when it's his turn again:


Afterward, six of us walked down to a bar by the World Financial Center, near the winter garden:



* * *
And now, for something completely different, here's a random picture from a few weeks ago - an M&M statue of liberty:

I feel so patriotic!

No comments: