Sunday, September 14, 2008

Churchified

I wasn't on duty today at FAPC, so I agreed to sub in for a friend who ushers at one of the evening services at Redeemer. One thing led to another -- a deacon subcommittee meeting was scheduled at FAPC, I agreed to sub in for my first "side by side" experience, and then Jacky pressed me into ushering when he saw me about to sit down and enjoy a service without any assigned tasks -- and the next thing I knew, I was serving at 9:30, 11:15, 12:15, and 5:30. So this "day off" somehow turned into a huge church day. As Dr. Tewell might have said, I think there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Friday was MJ, quite lively though I didn't like the way my curries turned out. Saturday was closet-cleaning in preparation for my houseguest, plus a trip to the library and a quick skate around the park.

Now it's simply beautiful out, so I'm trying to decide between a nap and a blading jaunt and a long overdue room-cleaning. Wonder which way I'll go on thiszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

2 comments:

Runner NYC said...

What didn't you like about the curries? I thought they were delicious!!

LeesMyth said...

Thanks, Runner NYC. Can't put my finger on it, the taste just didn't make me go "Wow, that's amazing!"