Monday, September 29, 2008

Lincoln to Lincoln

When I called to reserve a car, the agent asked me if I wanted a "mid-size" car. "No, no," I said. "I'd like a small one." So when I got to the rental place (near Lincoln St.), I was given a choice of an SUV or a Lincoln Town Car. Um, okay. I chose the Lincoln, which seemed somewhat more manageable. It was a black, shiny, brand-new town car. Perfect for a limousine service. I was nervous to drive it, but drive I did.

At the resort, we made a fairy house from bits of bark and moss and other plants. Lee was pretty into it, although her parents did most of the heavy lifting so to speak. Ruth was fierce with the glue gun.

Clara towers over the final product, but we didn't let her do her King Kong impersonation. She's clearly thinking about it.

It was a great weekend, though all too short.



3 comments:

Runner NYC said...

They're getting so big!! The fairy house is wonderful! What a great idea!

LeesMyth said...

I know - it's so amazingly cool to see them growing up before my eyes. Apparently the girls went to a fairy house exhibit the previous weekend and Ruth and my mom were inspired to try their hand at it.

wetzelbecky said...

Before seeing the picture with your mom, I said to myself, "Lee looks so much like Mrs. Smith." and was confirmed with the next picture! She's got Bridges' smile, too. I like to see crafts made from nature, as it once was--instead of craft foam plasticky kits. Great job!