Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Going on Saturday

I took Thursday and Friday off, but the last four days were spent traveling, and were really not all that relaxing. I am so incredibly grateful I took off today as well... it felt very much like a Saturday, given that I have Veteran's Day off tomorrow.

I went rollerblading after the PowerLunch volunteer program (one of my fellow volunteers looked at my casual attire curiously, but did not ask any questions). The Hudson River Bike Path was refreshingly deserted.



At 14th Street, I went inland. The shadows on this roof were kind of cool.



It took me quite a while to find the vintage jewelry shop I'd been to once with G-san and U-chan (I went up 8th Ave, down 7th Ave, up 6th Ave, and down 5th Ave before I found it.) The ring I was curious about was gone, so I was spared that particular temptation. On my way to Union Square, I remembered that Ryan had said to try Paragon Sports for $45 youth ice skates. That sounded like a good deal, so I checked it out. Ultimately I picked up a pair of women's ice skates - my first as an adult - on clearance for $10. I splurged on $5 blade protectors. Now I need to go ice skating again!!

At the end of the day, I went to a trivia night with the N2NY crowd. We tied for 9th place out of about 24 teams - we totally flubbed the "video round".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I just saw that jewelry store on Stylista. I'll see if there's anything identifying the shop in the credits.