Friday, December 07, 2007

Yoga and On-Line Friends

The yoga countdown continues. I survived the 6:45 a.m. yoga class this morning (just barely) so I have only 12 classes to go.

Since I recently posted a facebook profile, I'm slowly learning about online friendship.

Oddly, these two recent "trends" in my life have somehow intersected with the world of Harry Potter. On her official web site, JK Rowling debunks some myths about how she has acquired her fabulous appearance:

J K Rowling does pilates, yoga, jogs, has botox injections and has cut out saturated fats

Apparently I've been 'Rowling back the years' (ho, ho). Yes, the secrets behind my new (ahem) health and beauty regime have been confided to a British newspaper by a 'friend'.

Now, most people stop having imaginary friends once they're adults, but mine sometimes drop in on journalists to give them completely unrecognisable accounts of my life. My carbon-based friends, however, if asked whether I jog, do pilates and yoga, have a frozen forehead or refuse cake, might well suffer some kind of mirth-induced internal injury.

I just loved that.

No comments: