Saturday, December 29, 2007

Yoga Countdown

Well, I have four yoga classes left, and three days to take them. I think I'll take three "easy" classes - the "lounging lotus" restorative session yesterday was wonderfully relaxing. Although it seemed like we spent most of our time folding blankets, which wasn't really supposed to be the point. We were supposed to be peeling away the physical self, the mental self, the emotional self, and one other self I completely forget (maybe it was successfully peeled away) to get down to the "true" self, aka the prana self. I really liked the pose we did to empty out the emotional self - very open and relaxing. By contrast, during the "prana self" pose, I was mostly distracted by the stinky blankets under my nose. And all this talk about selfs around Christmastime tends to trigger thoughts of elfs, which is not very helpful for the visualization we were supposed to be doing.

The only problem with taking the easy class today is that it will interfere with my ability to go see the first Silly Symphonies program at the Museum of the Moving Image. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Runner NYC said...

So, did you take them all?

LeesMyth said...

Almost. I took 19 out of 20 classes, going right down to the wire with a New Year's Eve class.

I probably could have crammed in one more class somewhere (especially if I'd been willing to take 2 classes in one day), but I only needed to take 16 to break even.

Of course, I also could have avoided this whole crunch by pacing myself better in October and November. But those were busy months for me.