Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Conflicting Goals

When I packed my ski and beach stuff last night, I realized I have some conflicting goals for this upcoming move. For example, I want to live with a lot less STUFF. But I also want to avoid having to move multiple times (for instance to get things for other seasons - not that I'll have any place to store it at my new digs). And I don't want to be without things that really make my life more enjoyable. And I'd like to be able to do very simple entertaining, occasionally.

But then again, I don't want to make things so cosy that I'm tempted to stay home.

So there's some cost-benefit analysis to be done here.

2 comments:

Bridges said...

Ah, yes. The tension between stuff, simplicity and lifestyle. It is not an easy balance. We keep trying to move the path towards simplicity, but I have to admit that I have (for example) gear for four different winter alpine sports.

LeesMyth said...

Downhill skis, nordic skis, snowboard, and snowshoes? At least you can wear many of the same winter clothes (e.g., jacket, hat, gloves) for each of those sports. ;-)