Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend in review

Friday was BBQ/game night at Patricia's place. Only 6 people showed up, so we actually got to play mahjong! We finally managed to recruit Chris into the game, and he introduced his own lingo as well.

Today, I had a choice of activities. Here's the lineup.
  • Rest vs. Church: Rest. Easy choice because I got home at 2:30 a.m. Also because I've noticed that I just don't feel connected recently at church when I hang out with the gang.
  • Birthday Party vs. Key to the City: Birthday Party. It was nice to show up and be counted among the birthday supporters, but my heart wasn't in it. A big crowd, but I was stuck in the corner and only spoke to one person. And I don't love Korean BBQ (it's okay but not my favorite). And it turns out the Brooklyn keys to the city were very, very cool. So I made the wrong choice here. In fact, I was in a bit of a funk afterward, exacerbated when a friend bailed on me for this evening.
  • Outdoor Shakespeare vs Movie: Movie. Right choice, even though I saw "Vampires Suck" which fizzled overall (they actually stuck too closely to the movie they were parodying, so that it came across as uninspired). This was still the right choice because parts of it, esp. at the beginning, were laugh-out-loud hilarious. And I didn't have to take the subway. And I didn't have to worry about the rain. It was great to take a walk in the cool evening air - just what I needed.
I'm very excited about my new acquisitions - a scanner and a shredder. I hope to make some real inroads on my files. May need to buy some more storage, but it will be good. And I'm preparing to send off all my old photo negatives to be scanned as well.

LLS

No comments: