Monday, July 25, 2011

Coda: The Return


In the wee hours of the morning, it was a quick jaunt from the hotel to the car rental place, where I enjoyed this "worms 4 sale" sign while I waited for the shuttle back to Halifax.

And waited. And waited.  After about 45 minutes, I called them to see what was going on.

Apparently, the driver decided that the address I gave them did not exist, so he did not bother looking for me there.  (?!)

The dispatcher explained all this with the comment that she had told him the address but "Men don't listen."

Ultimately, I got a taxi to a neighboring town and met up with the shuttle there.  They paid for the taxi, of course, but I will not take this shuttle service again. 

Sadly, I also ended up spending a lot of time at the Halifax Airport.  But there was really no help for it.  Even if I'd known the flight would be delayed for 5 hours, they still insist that you check in at the original time.

There was plenty of room at the airport, so I took a nap.  That was nice!  All in all, a subdued ending to a really enjoyable trip.

No comments: